Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Runway Fawnway: Marc Jacobs Inspiration

Marc Jacobs' Fall 2011 RTW collection inspired me to mix tiny and large polka dot prints to create this look.  I incorporated the lace blouse to add femininity and the candy coated clutch and lips to add a bit of kink.








     Bensoni lace blouse, Athropologie polka dot blouse and skirt, Goldenbleu clutch, BCBG cocktail ring, Victoria's Secret thigh high stockings, Urban Outfitters lace up ankle boots
Photography by Darren Fowler

My favorite runway looks from the show....
Sex pot pencil skirts paired with lady like blouses, all decked in polka dots.... I love that he uses both patent leather and lace in this collection.  Two very different tools of seduction that have the ability to achieve the same effect.
                    
                                               All runway images are from Style.com


Beauty Note


On the eyes I used Too Faced Naked Eye shadow palette.  I also have their Natural Eye palette that's equally amazing.  They have shimmering shades that are neutral and perfect for everyday wear and darker, sexier colors for nighttime looks.  An added bonus, especially for clumsy girls like me, is they come in a cardboard case that won't break and protects shadows if dropped.  Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but i am constantly knocking over my eye shadows.  Problem solved! Available at  Urban Outfitters for $35.

 I used Revlon's Just Bitten lip stain in Flame. It had amazing staying power and still managed to feel soft and supple on my lips.  The balm that is included adds a bit of shine and keeps my lips moisturized. Available at Target for $7.99.

3 comments:

itspaola*xoxo said...

GAH!!! I JUST HAD AN MJ INSPIRED POST TOO!!!

love the polka dots!

www.itspaolaxoxo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great editorials Holly !!!
The lovely photography sets off the versatility of color and style of clothing you have selected ......

Seleris007@yahoo.com

Natalie said...

Awe Anthropologie! Ummm so you and I should be friendsies...:) you are a girl of my own heart...lets penpal <3 share shopping links...gossip about the blogs..it'll be fun.