Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wild Horses Couldn't Drag Me Away....

I must admit that I am a sale QUEEN. I can scour through racks upon racks of random markdowns to find that one perfect bargain.  However, I could not resist the splurge of this gorgeous sweater. The ribbed weaving and scalloped edges had me obsessing about it from the moment I saw it in Anthro's catalogue.  It's as comfy cozy as it looks....sigghhh...soon I'll have to retire it for spring.






Ohhhhhh my free peeps skirt makes me so happy!  It's perfect for layering and even doubles as a top....I'm sure I will have a set coming soon that features it as such.


I wear these Coach boots almost everyday....its kind of an obsession. They are so comfortable and the detailing is special, but simple.

 Anthropologie sweater, Free People tunic and layered skirt, Missoni socks, Coach riding boots

Photography by Darren Fowler
The concept behind this set was inspired by the song "Wild Horses" by The Rolling Stones. It's a bit melancholy, but overall expresses a love so consuming that nothing could keep you from it.  I'm a sucker for romance I know! I wish that I could have a soundtrack to my life and the perfect song for my mood could be magically cued from my own personal dj.  In this set, my mood is introspective, I am a wanderer letting the serenity of nature keep my secret thoughts about the love I pine for.
My favorite version of  "Wild Horses" is a cover by The Sundays....I  made this video with the song to share how I trully envisioned this set....it also includes some outtake photos.


8 comments:

itspaola*xoxo said...

ooooh i totally love the styling here - you had me at ruffled skirt.

so prefect with those boots <3

calla said...

holly, i love it! you're soooo pretty! i'm stealing your boots hahaha!

xx

fawnoverfancy said...

Thanks guys! I'm so glad you liked this post :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Truly and simply amazing..... You never cease to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

With snow still on the ground you are able capture so much stylish
looks Holly !!!! Can't wait to see
your spring selections !!!!!!!!

Dora Cruceru said...

I love how you mixed the ruffles on the skirt with the wavy knit of the sweater.I also love the light colors.
I'd be very happy if you liked to follow each other :)
Dora

http://adropofindigo.blogspot.com/

Anna S said...

amazing outfit! :)

fawnoverfancy said...

Thanks so much friends :) :)